RGSA Spring 2020 U5-U18 Academy (Training Program)
The RGSA Spring Training Academy offers specialized training by our qualified coaches in a positive, encouraging and age appropriate environment. Players will focus on developing both individual technical skills along with team skills that can be practised during a game setting.
Players who enrol in the Spring training program will be placed in training groups based on age and in accordance with long term player development. Players may be moved up an age level on the recommendation of the Training & Development staff and volunteer coaches.
All levels of play and skill set are encouraged to register!
WHAT DOES THE SPRING TRAINING ACADEMY INCLUDE?
- two training sessions a week
- qualified coaches for both sessions along with an approved and certified volunteer coach
- scrimmages when/where possible
- training on grass and turf where possible
- U5-U18 $375.00 ($350.00 for early bird)
WHEN DOES IT START, TIME AND WHERE?
Training sessions run from April 13th to June 24th
- U5 (2015 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U6 (2014 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U7 (2013 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U8 (2012 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U9 (2011 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U10 (2010 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U11 (2009 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U12 (2008 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U13 (2007 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U14 (2006 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U15 (2005 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U16 (2004 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U17 (2003 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U18 (2002 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
Please note that these times/days may change based on number of registrants at particular age groups.
Training will take place at Hugh Boyd from April to May and afterwards we MAY be moving to a grass facility in Richmond for the remaining sessions. We have requested that when we move to the grass fields that we all have access to a public washroom.
We encourage all players to wear the RGSA black training jerseys, black shorts and black socks, all of which can be purchased through SoccerLink.
The RGSA will be offering all members the opportunity to register early and receive an early bird rate. To qualify, your registration must be completed fully by Saturday February 15th 2019 ( this includes payment)
In order to finalize all the training groups, registration will close on February 29th.
Some teams and players may play at a higher level than their age (ie. a 2006 player may be asked to play at the 2005 level) and this is at the full discretion of the T&D Coaches along side the team volunteer coaches.
The RGSA reserves the right to cancel session based on poor weather conditions and any other situations which would lead to unsafe training environments. As mentioned previously, the RGSA reserves the right to change training times based on enrolment numbers at any age group.
There will be no refunds after the first session.
Click Here to Register for Spring Program